Providing award-winning health care to patients on Aquidneck Island and beyond
- About Newport Hospital
- Our Centers & Services
- Our Locations
- Contact Us
- Visiting Newport Hospital
- Giving to Newport Hospital
The Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund Direct Grants
For questions about the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund, please email email@example.com.
To accomplish the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund's mission, the following goals have been established:
- Improve the long-term health of Newport County youth and families by:
- Increasing participation in healthy athletic activity
- Improving fitness levels
- Increasing self-discipline and motivation to maintain a healthy life-style
- Increasing good health habits including diet, exercise, rest, hygiene and preventive medical care
- Instill an aversion to the use of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs
- Build confidence and a sense of achievement
Goal #1 is the most important, and will be given priority. Projects addressing goals #2 and #3 will be considered if they clearly address goal #1.
Educational goals are not part of the mission, unless they clearly address the participatory and fitness aspect of goal #1 above.
Priorities and Evaluation Criteria
Priority will be given to projects and programs that:
- Focus on young, school-age children who do not have access to other programs
- Promote health and fitness through activity and participation, not through promotion and education
- Are innovative and are new initiatives
- Show potential for a wide community response, participation, and acceptance
- Demonstrate a measurable improvement in the behavior and health of the youth and families of Newport County
- Develop life-long skills for maintaining healthy life-styles
- Are based in Newport County
Projects that are larger and request more investment will be expected to:
- Show how the project will become self-sustaining and embedded in the community
- Include matching funds from other sources
- Have little or no overhead expenses, or which should be covered by matching funds.
Organizations seeking funds must be nonprofit organizations. Organizations that do not have 501c(3) status may still apply. Newport Hospital develops and maintains a mechanism to fund projects in organizations that do not have 501c(3) status.
Organizations must be based in Newport County.
The fund does not grant requests to:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Projects outside Newport County
- Endowments or other discretionary funding pools
The fund does not grant requests for:
- Ticketed events such as fundraisers or dinners
- Political purposes or lobbying activities
- Debt reduction
- Projects unrelated to the fund’s mission